Introducing a brand new way to dive into the Virginia Beach experience. Designed for group travelers, Live the Life Adventures reveal the best of this unique place through hands-on, interactive involvement. With itineraries to lead the way through a range of interest-specific activities, each Adventure allows groups to be really involved – and rewarded.
Here in Virginia Beach, every day holds the promise of discovery. Now, there’s a whole new way to dive into the Virginia Beach experience. Live the Life Adventures feature the best of what makes this place unlike any other, and reveals it all through hands-on, interactive involvement. Much more than just a tour, this is an invitation to experience what makes life here in Virginia Beach so irresistible. The carefree, independent spirit that fuels life in Virginia Beach awaits discovery in every Live the Life Adventure.
These new themed experiences allow your group to experience Virginia Beach in new ways. Even if you have been to Virginia Beach before, the attractions now offer an exciting new opportunity for groups. Each experience has been designed to engage or immerse each visitor in a variety of new and different ways and you can select your adventure by theme and interest.
Culinary & Agriculture Tours: Virginia Beach has a local flavor all its own. These adventures take you right to the heart of our fresh approach to living off the land and sea. You’ll savor the mouth-watering fusion of just-caught seafood and farm-raised produce that is the heart of Coastal Cuisine, as you tour the farmers market, learn about organic foods, visit a farm or look on as an accomplished chef prepares your meal. Taste of the Market, Organics 101, Taste of the Bay and Farm to Table are deliciously tempting ways to satisfy a taste for adventure.
Arts & Culture Tours: Inspired by the beauty of our ocean views, Virginia Beach is a
place where expression thrives. Experience vibrant visual arts and lively stages in three adventures that explore your own creativity. Backstage Broadway and Behind the Curtain take you into the theatrical world of a professional stage production to discover what goes on behind the scenes. The Great Create combines a gallery tour with a hands-on workshop in a visual adventure certain to bring out your group’s artistic nature.
Military & History Tours: The shores of Virginia Beach have long been home to brave sailors and airmen. We celebrate these heroes in three adventures that share the excitement of their exploits. The Sound of Freedom takes your group on a tour of a master jet base, home to today’s heroes. SwingTime in the Skies gives you a glimpse of an earlier era as you tour one of the largest collections of flying WWI I Military Aircraft in the world. And the Surfman Chronicles brings you oceanfront to meet the legendary rescuers of shipwrecks long ago. Prepare to be amazed and humbled by their real-life adventures.
Outdoor & Eco-Adventures: Virginia Beach is so much more than soft sand and rolling
waves – there’s a coastal environment beyond the oceanfront just waiting to be explored. These adventures take you off the beaten path into a world of diverse terrain and natural beauty that you’ll reach out and touch. Eco-Wildlife Safari, Beach
Combing and Seasonal Harvest Tours take you through the wilds of our most remote and pristine state park on a search for nature’s treasures. Conservation Quest takes your group behind the scenes with giant sea creatures at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center. Adventure for the nature lover in us all.
These categories allow you to focus on a specific aspect of Virginia Beach, your interests or you can mix and match them. The categories also allow you to create day trips, overnights or multi-day itineraries for visiting Virginia Beach that relate to the individual themed categories. Regardless of the time of year or size of the group, Virginia Beach has a full itinerary for any group adventure. Visit vbfun.com/grouptour for more information.
Can’t decide which adventure is right for you? Try them all.
With our Beach Life itinerary, you can get a sample of everything and then some. One of the greatest things about being in Virginia Beach is just that: simply being at the beach. Taking in the ocean’s daily show, enjoying a little fun in the sun, settling into the relaxed pace of life here. Beach Life adventures make the most of your time here with action-packed itineraries. Bike the boardwalk, hike through First Landing State Park, climb the Cape Henry Lighthouses – it’s all part of the Virginia Beach Life. (Itinerary: 5 days / 4 nights)
- Day One: PM – Hit the boardwalk to stretch your legs. Take a surrey ride to explore oceanfront monuments and museums, then head off to dinner and a behind-the-scenes tour of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
- Day Two: AM – Explore the undiscovered world of Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge on an Eco-Wildlife Safari. PM – Visit Oceana Naval Air Station and enjoy The Sound of Freedom. You’ll see some of the world’s most sophisticated aircraft and meet real heroes over lunch at The Officers’ Club. Next, venture over to the Farmers Market for a Taste of the Market and Organics 101. Keep it eco and dine at an oceanfront Virginia Green restaurant.
- Day Three: AM – Depart for the Cape Henry Lighthouses for a new point of view, and hike the trails of nearby First Landing State Park. Then visit the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center for a dolphin watching cruise out on the Atlantic. PM – Visit the Military Aviation Museum for a SwingTime in the Skies adventure with Rosie the Riveter. Then on to Town Center for dinner out on the town and Backstage Broadway at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts.
- Day Four: AM – After breakfast at your hotel, explore our beaches from a different angle and try ocean kayaking or surf lessons with Surf and Adventure Co. PM – For the afternoon, stroll along the boardwalk and squeeze in some shopping before heading off to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center for their insiders-only Conservation Quest.
- Day Five: AM – Awaken early for the sunrise, then head for Ocean Breeze Waterpark. Afterwards, check out the Surfman Chronicles at the Old Coast Guard Station.
Jim Coggin, Group Sales Representative
Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau
2100 Parks Ave., Virginia Beach, VA 23451