This is Mall of America®, as reflected in the new logo making its debut earlier this month. Twenty years young, the nation’s largest retail and entertainment center is thoughtfully using design to convey its wealth of unforgettable, dynamic, vibrant experiences, enjoyed by guests from around the world.
More than 800 million visitors from throughout the world have visited MOA™ during the last two decades, including about 12,000 groups annually. With over 520 stores, no sales tax on clothing or shoes, abundant family attractions, 60 restaurants and 400 (free) events each year, MOA is a leading group destination.
Mall Of America strives to not only create a fun experience for student groups but also an educational one with variety for student experiences. From marketing presentations to music performances, MOA has activities for all ages and class curriculums. With easy access from bus or train, groups can reach MOA smoothly and efficiently. Located in Bloomington, MN, MOA is just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. School buses and motor coaches use the dedicated drop-off/pick-up area at the MOA east entrance where tourism representatives will greet your group and begin your activity.
Camp Ice Age
May 10-October 13, 2013
CAMP ICE AGE is a touring experience that features many interactive activities for guests of all ages to explore – including climbing aboard a re-creation of Captain Gutt’s ice-ship, enjoying games in the ICE AGE carnival, taking a “movie walk” with highlights from the ICE AGE film franchise, meeting the costume character Sid the sloth – and much more.
Tickets are available at any MOA guest service desk or at the CAMP ICE AGE box office on the fourth level of the Mall. Group rates are available for 10 or more. Contact (952) 883-8809 for group reservations. For more information, visit http://www.mallofamerica.com/attractions/view/camp-ice-age.
Cirque Du Soleil- Amaluna
September 26- October 20, 2013
Their queen, Prospera, directs her daughter’s coming-of-age ceremony in a rite that honours femininity, renewal, rebirth and balance which marks the passing of these insights and values from one generation to the next.
In the wake of a storm caused by Prospera, a group of young men lands on the island, triggering an epic, emotional story of love between Prospera’s daughter and a brave young suitor. But theirs is a love that will be put to the test. The couple must face numerous demanding trials and overcome daunting setbacks before they can achieve mutual trust, faith and harmony.
This exciting event will take place under a big top on the Mall’s north lot. Group tickets and services are available.
MOA offers discounts on group services, tickets, meals, free bus parking and convenient shuttle/light rail transportation to make your experience rewarding and memorable. If your trip involves overnight lodging, MOA can offer a quality and affordable stay at one of the 38 Bloomington hotels located within 10 minutes of the mall. All hotels offer free shuttle service to/from MOA.
Contact Callie Malone with the Bloomington Convention and Visitors Bureau at
(952)email@example.com and visit www.bloomingtonmn.org.
Let’s get to the good stuff! Here is what MOA features for school groups:
- The MOA Music Series® offers schools and community groups an opportunity to perform before 100,000+ guests visiting the mall on any given day. The music series runs from January to mid-November and is available on select days.
- Looking for a fun and adventurous way to teach the laws of physics? The Physics Program at MOA is your answer. Discover how the seats on the Avatar Airbender rotate and how much water is displaced on the Log Chute ride as your class explores Nickelodeon Universe® to experience a hands-on physics assignment in the nation’s largest indoor theme park!
- Learn the business and marketing aspects that go into maintaining MOA’s success during a 60-minute Student Presentation. Students are invited to participate in discussion and submit blogs as well as hear about many job opportunities within the Mall. Presentations can be customized to meet the interests of class curriculums including fashion, retail, security/law enforcement, engineering and others. The informative presentation touches on many aspects of the Mall including shopping, dining, and entertainment.
“MOA’s Student Presentation brought classroom marketing concepts to life and provided my students an opportunity to see marketing in-action! The informative presentation allowed my students to feel the excitement of the Mall from a different perspective and ask questions at any time. The experience has inspired many classroom conversations and will be a field trip my students will talk about for a long time!” – Karen Bates-Business Teacher
- The MallQuest Scavenger Hunt is a great add-on to a Student Presentation or an activity on its own. Students experience a fun and informative scavenger hunt to find as many correct stores, attractions and products as possible with their team in 60 minutes. It’s an effective team-building and leadership activity.
- SEA LIFE® Minnesota Aquarium offers an interactive, hands-on experience for schools. Students can see first-hand over 10,000 sea creatures at the aquarium and go behind the scenes to discover how staff cares for hundreds of sea creatures. SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium is a creative way to excite and inform students as they explore an amazing underwater world.
Traveling from far away?
We invite you to stay at MOA’s new hotel, Radisson Blu Mall of America. The hotel features innovative design and style, all wrapped up in a Yes I can! attitude. The hotel is conveniently connected by skyway to MOA.
For reservations, call (952)881-5258, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit radissonblumoa.com.
For more information on MOA student services, contact a tourism account representative at (952)883-8643. Visit MOA’s website designed specifically for planning student trips at www.mallofamerica.com/visit/field-trips. The Mall’s tourism team looks forward to welcoming your group soon for a memorable day of fun and education.