Mall of America® is excited for another action-packed year as we celebrate our 20th anniversary! More than 800 million visitors from throughout the world have visisted MOA™ during the last two decades, including about 12,000 groups annually. With more than 500 stores, no sales tax on clothing or shoes, family attractions galore, 50 restaurants and 400 (free) events each year, MOA is a leading group destination.
Mall of America is also the place for school trips! You are probably thinking yeah, right, Mall of America is the place for shopping, not learning. Not so. From marketing presentations to music performances, we have something for all ages and class curriculums. With easy access from MSP International Airport and Interstate 494, you can fly or bus your groups to MOA smoothly and efficiently. Located in Bloomington, MN, we are just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. School buses use the dedicated drop-off/pick-up area at the north entrance where our representatives will greet your group and begin your activity.
We strive to create valuable experiences for field trips and realize that variety is the key to fun and education. We offer student group programs, shopping (520 stores), attractions (amusement park, aquarium, mini golf and more), restaurants (large selection of fast food options), and entertainment (over 400 free events each year; view upcoming events at www.mallofamerica.com/events).
DIANA: A CELEBRATION
SATURDAY, FEB. 4 – SUNDAY, JUNE 10
See website for hours | Level 4, East
Enjoy an award-winning exhibition celebrating the life and work of Diana, Princess of Wales. Direct from England, the exhibition will feature nine galleries with over 150 objects including Diana’s royal wedding gown, 28 designer dresses, family heirlooms, personal mementos, priceless jewels and rare home movies. Event details and admission prices available here.
Mall of America® offers attractive discounts for groups of 15+ people. Tickets are date specific and can be picked up at the exhibit box office at MOA. For full details, contact the MOA Group Sales team at 952-883-8809 or email@example.com.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Minneapolis Airport – Mall of America is the exclusive Diana a Celebration hotel partner for Mall of America. Enjoy deluxe accommodations, a breakfast buffet for two, a Mall of America Coupon Book and two VIP tickets to the Princess Diana Exhibition with their exclusive package! The hotel offers free transportation to and from the hotel to the Mall and additional tickets may be purchased at a discount from the hotel front desk if needed. Make it a trip to remember!
Call 1-877-810-5190 or CLICK HERE to reserve your Diana a Celebration overnight accommodatons and tickets!
We know budgets are tight and will work with you to include as many activities as we can to maximize your time and budget. We offer group discounts on group services, tickets, meals, free bus parking and convenient shuttle/light rail transportation to make your experience rewarding and memorable. If your trip involves overnight lodging, we can assure you a quality (and affordable) stay at one of the 37 hotels located within 10 minutes of the mall, in Bloomington. All hotels offer free shuttle service to/from MOA and MSP International Airport.
Ok, enough about how to get here and budgets. Let’s get to the good stuff! Here is what we offer for school groups:
- The MOA Music Series® offers schools and community groups an opportunity to perform before 100,000+ guests visiting the mall on any given day. The music series runs from January to mid-November and is available on select days.
- Looking for a fun and adventurous way to teach the laws of physics? The Physics Program at MOA is your answer. Learn things like how the seats on the Avatar Airbender rotate and how much water is displaced on the Log Chute as your class explores Nickelodeon Universe® to experience a hands-on physics assignment in the nation’s largest indoor theme park!
- Learn the business and marketing aspects that go into maintaining MOA’s success during a 45 minute Student Presentation. Students are invited to participate in discussion and submit blogs as well as hear about many job opportunities within the Mall. Presentations can be customized to meet the interests of class curriculums including fashion, retail, security/law enforcement, engineering and others. The informative presentation touches on all three aspects of the Mall—shopping, dining, and entertainment. The presentation also includes a brief history, target markets and consumer demographics, new stores and retail turnover, and the past, present, and future enhancements to MOA.
- The Mallquest Scavenger Hunt is a great add-on to MOA’s Student Presentation or a fun activity on its own. Students experience a fun and informative scavenger hunt to find as many correct stores, attractions and products as possible with their team in 60 minutes. It’s an effective team-building and leadership activity.
- SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium offers an interactive, hands-on experience for schools. Students can see first-hand over 10,000 sea creatures at the Aquarium and go behind the scenes to discover how we care for hundreds of sea creatures. SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium is a creative way to excite and inform students as they explore an amazing underwater world.
For more information on MOA student services, contact Tourism Account Representative Romy Ecker at 952-883-8499 or firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also visit our website designed specifically for booking student trips to MOA: www.mallofamerica.com/visit/field-trips. We hope to see your group at Mall of America soon for a memorable day of fun and education.