Universal Orlando Resort just announced the launch of the Business Learning Series, a groundbreaking experiential education program that teaches students the basics of business from the best. It combines the innovation of a world-class entertainment company, the business savvy of The Profit’s Marcus Lemonis and the educational know-how of Columbia College to give students a real-world perspective on what it takes to drive results in today’s business climate.
To celebrate, Universal Orlando is partnering with CNBC’s The Profit to give one lucky class the chance to win the trip of a lifetime to experience the new program. CNBC’s The Profit (Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT) follows serial entrepreneur and investor Marcus Lemonis, who puts his own money on the line to help save and grow struggling businesses across the country.
The hands-on, collaborative in-park components make this program stand out. Students have the opportunity to identify real-life examples of specific business principles across Universal Orlando’s two theme parks, creating visual digital presentations to share what they learned. This in-park component adds an unparalleled level of engagement that actively reinforces the learning that takes place within the program. Not only are these lesson plans engaging, they also align with national education standards and include activities students can complete in the classroom before and after their visit for a comprehensive learning experience.
Universal’s Business Learning Series features Marcus Lemonis’ winning business philosophy in three courses, which can be experienced as stand-alone workshops or combined to create an all-encompassing three-part series. Each course contains an in-park activity:
- Career Selection and Preparation – Focuses on career readiness, offering self-assessments to uncover natural strengths and corresponding career paths.
- Leadership Skills and Personal Development – Students study workplace integrity and practice communication tactics for positively influencing their environment.
- Business Development: People, Process, Product – Lemonis’ famous “three Ps” have assisted countless entrepreneurs around the country. This course explores the importance of a quality product, dedicated people and an efficient process, while preparing students to manage the internal and external factors that often affect business.
And now until February 23, students, parents and teachers can win an all-expense paid trip for their middle or high school classroom to experience the Business Learning Series when they enter online. The grand prize includes:
- Round trip airfare to Orlando, Florida
- Participation in the Universal Orlando Resort Business Learning Series
- Admission to both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks
- Accommodations on-site at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Orlando
- Tickets to Blue Man Group
For more information about the national sweepstakes and Universal’s Business Learning Series program, visit www.cnbcprime.com/the-profit/universal-youth/.