As the school year begins in earnest, teachers and administrators across the country are crafting lesson plans, balancing budgets and orienting new faculty members. With all this preparation, planning an extended class trip is probably not your first priority. Luckily, we at Student Travel Planning Guide relish the opportunity to provide expert advice on every facet of educational trips. Group travel experts, technology providers and students themselves have contributed to our reimagined 2018 edition, which profiles 24 American cities ideal for class trips.
Divided into three sections (performing arts, history and STEM), these articles offer comprehensive summaries of student-friendly attractions in a particular metro area. Whether its available stages in Branson for choirs or science expositions in Houston for a robotics club, we match these 24 cities’ resources with the needs of middle school, high school and college travelers.
This edition also includes several contributions from student travel expert Lisa Curtin, who offers advice on everything from unexpected flight cancellations to hotel room protocol. Her work is augmented with chaperone recruitment advice and a roundup of student-friendly travel apps, which range from established social media networks to augmented reality innovations. Other highlights include a Redding itinerary, which guides student groups through the gorgeous scenery of Shasta County, and a profile of Group Travel Videos, a photo-sharing platform that integrates teachers, students and parents at home.
- Flight Cancellations and Student Groups – An expert’s tips on handling trip disruptions will get group leaders through short-term crisis situations at the airport
- 11 Best Student Travel Apps for 2018 – At home or abroad, you’ll find yourself using these apps to guide and inform your travels
- How to Best Utilize Parent Chaperones – Tips and tricks to alleviate stress in every step of the process
- Parental Support for School Trips – Convince parents of the benefits of educational trips and they’ll get behind your travel program
- Choosing Hotels for Youth Groups – Essential dos and don’ts every group leader should know
SPECIAL SECTION – The Great Eights – a 34-page section focusing on top U.S. cities for student groups
Click the Cover to Download