Fresh Student Activities at Mall of America
Mall of America® (MOA) is the place for school trips! You are probably thinking yeah, right, Mall of America is the place for shopping, not learning. Not so. From marketing presentations to music performances, we have something for all ages and class curriculums. With easy access from MSP International Airport and Interstate 494, you can fly or bus your groups to MOA smoothly and efficiently. Located in Bloomington, MN, we are just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. School buses use the dedicated drop-off/pick-up area at the north entrance where our representatives will greet your group and begin your activity.
We strive to create valuable experiences for field trips and realize that variety is the key to fun and education. We offer student group programs, shopping (520 stores), attractions (amusement park, aquarium, mini golf and more), restaurants (large selection of fast food options), and entertainment (over 400 free events each year; view upcoming events at www.mallofamerica.com/events).
We know budgets are tight and will work with you to include as many activities as we can to maximize your time and budget. We offer group discounts on group services, tickets, meals, free bus parking and convenient shuttle/light rail transportation to make your experience rewarding and memorable. If your trip involves overnight lodging, we can assure you a quality (and affordable) stay at one of the 37 hotels located within 10 minutes of the mall, in Bloomington. All hotels offer free shuttle service to/from MOA and MSP International Airport.
Ok, enough about how to get here and budgets. Let’s get to the good stuff! Here is what we offer for school groups:
- The MOA Music Series® offers schools and community groups an opportunity to perform before 100,000+ guests visiting the mall on any given day. The music series runs from January to mid-November and is available on select days.
- Looking for a fun and adventurous way to teach the laws of physics? The Physics Program at MOA is your answer. Learn things like how the seats on the Avatar Airbender rotate and how much water is displaced on the Log Chute as your class explores Nickelodeon Universe® to experience a hands-on physics assignment in the nation’s largest indoor theme park!
- Learn the business and marketing aspects that go into maintaining MOA’s success during a 45 minute Student Presentation. Students are invited to participate in discussion and submit blogs as well as hear about many job opportunities within the Mall. Presentations can be customized to meet the interests of class curriculums including fashion, retail, security/law enforcement, engineering and others. The informative presentation touches on all three aspects of the Mall—shopping, dining, and entertainment. The presentation also includes a brief history, target markets and consumer demographics, new stores and retail turnover, and the past, present, and future enhancements to MOA.
“MOA’s Student Presentation brought classroom marketing concepts to life and provided my students an opportunity to see marketing in-action! The informative presentation allowed my students to feel the excitement of the Mall from a different perspective and ask questions at any time. The experience has inspired many classroom conversations and will be a field trip my students will talk about for a long time!”Karen Bates, Business Teacher
- The Mallquest Scavenger Hunt is a great add-on to MOA’s Student Presentation or a fun activity on its own. Students experience a fun and informative scavenger hunt to find as many correct stores, attractions and products as possible with their team in 60 minutes. It’s an effective team-building and leadership activity.
- SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium offers an interactive, hands-on experience for schools. Students can see first-hand over 10,000 sea creatures at the Aquarium and go behind the scenes to discover how we care for hundreds of sea creatures. SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium is a creative way to excite and inform students as they explore an amazing underwater world.
For more information on MOA student services, contact Tourism Account Representative Romy Ecker at 952-883-8499 or firstname.lastname@example.org . We hope to see your group at Mall of America soon for a memorable day of fun and education.