NYC Teachers Become Tour Guides for A+ Educational Tours
Two former middle and high school teachers envisioned a transition from classroom education to teachable moments on the road and in the real world. Native New Yorkers Claudia and Meredith Toback (mother and daughter) have been in the tourism industry for 10 years and have owned and operated Cititek since 2007. Cititrek provides customized tour and guide services in New York City.
Their thick Brooklyn and Staten Island accents set the scene for the ideal New York City experience, and tours cover everything from culture and history to art and architecture.
“We love to incorporate the multisensory way of introducing the city,” Meredith says.
Cititrek is a member of NYC & Company, Manhattan Chamber of Commerce and Staten Island Chamber of Commerce. But if that isn’t enough to convince you to try a student tour with Cititrek, consider these reasons:
Cititrek Can Provide
- Points of transportation: bus, air and subway
- Lodging in a quality hotel for market price with group rates during the season
- Reservations for dining, reservations/market-priced group rates for Broadway shows and other attractions
- Licensed New York City tour guides
- Multi-lingual services
- Meet and greets for your group
No matter your group size, Cititrek is happy to help in any way possible to provide a memorable, educational and fun experience for your students. Cititrek is fully insured and named an A-rated accredited business by the Better Business Bureau.
Trust the Tour Guides
- They know how to maintain order in any sized group
- They know what to show on subject-specific tours
- They know how to meet educational standards
- They know what to do in emergency situations
Claudia and Meredith know how to handle student groups, thanks to their combined experience in education. All tour guides are licensed by NYC Department of Consumer Affairs.
Student Tours are Customized
- Curriculum alignment available
- Speciality – drama, music and dance
- Performance – concert, parade, etc.
From the lower downtown area, tour guides describe how Henry Hudson founded the island of Manhattan, which once consisted of dense forests, and the topographical changes of the five boroughs that evolved into New York City today. Private walking tours and public walking tours (scheduled and on-demand) are available. Tours span Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Bronx and Queens. All tour packages can be customized to fit your group.
What now? Cititrek provides well-rounded, educational tours that get students learning in real-world situations. Request more information from Cititrek below, call or visit their website.
Hint: Spring is the best time for student group tours.
Bonus: Check out this sample three-day student itinerary.
Tell us about it! Already been on a Cititrek tour? Share your experiences in the comment section below!